Statistics Advisory Council
The Statistics Advisory Council is established in accordance with Article 15 of the Statistics Law and has the following members:
|Minister of Planning||Chairperson|
|2||Secretary of State, Ministry of Planning, in charge of Statistics||Vice Chairperson|
|3||Secretary of State, Council of Ministers||Member|
|4||Secretary of State, Ministry of interior||Member|
|5||Secretary of State, Ministry of Rural Development||Member|
|6||Secretary of State, Ministry of Economy and Finance||Member|
|7||Secretary of State, Ministry of Commerce||Member|
|8||Secretary of State, Ministry of Education, Youth and sports||Member|
|9||Secretary of State, Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries||Member|
|10||Secretary of State, Ministry of Industry, Mines and Energy||Member|
|11||Secretary of State, Ministry of Social Affairs, Veteran and Youth Rehabilitation||Member|
|12||Secretary of State, Ministry of Post and Telecommunication||Member|
|13||Secretary of State, Ministry of Health||Member|
|14||Secretary of State, Ministry of Public and Transport||Member|
|15||Secretary of State, Ministry of Tourism||Member|
|16||Secretary of State, Ministry of Women’s Affairs||Member|
|17||Deputy Governor, National Bank of Cambodia||Member|
|19||Director General, National Institute of Statistics||Permanent Secretary|
The Statistics Advisory Council shall conduct meeting at least twice a year. Every meeting of the Statistics Advisory Council, a quorum is at least half of all members for conducting the meeting. The Statistics Advisory Council has function to advise the Minister of Planning, in relation to:
- Identification of the policy of official statistics.
- Requirements of official statistics and prioritizing the project of statistical matters that are requested by the National Institute of Statistics and designated statistical units.
- Improvement, extension and coordination of the National Statistical System and designated official statistics for public purposes.
- Updating the Statistics Law, Sub-Decree, and judicial standard letter in relation with statistical matters.
- Annual, medium, and long term priorities of statistical work programs of the National Institute of Statistics and designated statistical units involved in producing official statistics.
- Statistical master plan.
- Determining the dates of conducting the population, agriculture, and establishment censuses.
- Any other matters relating generally to the National Statistical System and official statistics.
- Seeking assistance and support, financial and human resources required by the National Institute of Statistics and designated statistics units, in order to conduct census, survey, produce, and disseminate official statistics for public purposes.
Every meeting of the Statistics Advisory Council shall have a minute: