Establishment of new departments
KINGDOM OF CAMBODIA
NATION RELIGION KING
Royal Government of Cambodia
No. …85 ANK. BK............................
THE ESTABLISHMENT OF NEW DEPARTMENTS
OF THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF STATISTICS
MINISTRY OF PLANNING
The Royal Government
Shall establish Department of Statistical Standards and Statistical Analysis, Department of Information and Communication Technology, Department of National Accounts, and Department of Policies and Statistical Cooperation within the National Institute of Statistics in addition to the Sub-Decree No. 55 ANK/BK dated 23 September 1997 on the Organization and Functioning of the Ministry of Planning.
Each department stipulated in Article 1 shall be led and managed by one Director of department and with a number of Deputy Directors of department as assistants.
Each department must have a number of bureaus as deemed necessary.
The organization and functioning of bureaus under departments are determined by Prakas of the Minister of Planning.
Department of Statistical Standards and Statistical Analysis shall have functions and duties as follows:
- Prepare and develop the national statistical standard classifications in order to serve the production of census and survey data and analysis
- Prepare and develop the statistical concepts and definitions
- Prepare and develop the statistical methodologies of official statistics by domains in order to ensure the production of official statistical data to have accuracy, quality and reliability
- Coordinate the implementation of statistical standard classifications, statistical definitions and statistical methodologies for the carrying out by designated statistical units
- Analyze in depth the topics obtained from surveys and censuses such as poverty, Cambodia Millennium Development Goals, time use, nutrition, child labour and other necessary topics
- Research and develop important statistical information according to the suggestions and requirements of users, policy makers and researchers in the national, regional and international communities
- Disseminate the methodology of deep analysis to staff of the National Institute of Statistics and statistical units within ministries and institutions of the Royal Government
- Establish a directory of existing statistical data of administration, censuses and surveys conducted by ministries and institutions of the Royal Government
- Provide services of research and analysis according to the suggestions and requirements of the national, regional and international institutions.
Department of Information and Communication Technology shall have functions and duties as follows:
- Install, set up, maintain and repair the local area network and transact information and data with concerned ministries by ensuring safety of data in the statistical system and other services such as internet, e-mail, data store, dissemination and printing
- Analyse design requirement, develop system and install software on geographic information system (GIS), data editing, data cleaning, database transformation and evaluation of software package for surveys and censuses
- Develop, design, maintain, improve system, manage databases, identify unified codes and develop software in order to carry out uniformly and effectively to database
- Develop, design website and electronic system for disseminating reports and statistics on line
- Prepare and implement the usage manuals and standards of computer system in order to ensure effectiveness and safety of using computer network and data
- Supervise data entry, data editing, primary data cleaning and develop data entry manual
- Provide training and disseminate database, data entry and data verification programs based on manuals and the use of database dissemination system and statistical information to users, software developer, statistical users of relevant ministries, institutions of the Royal Government and the public
- Research and put into operation of new Information and Communication Technology in relation with computer network management, software development, development of geographic information system, analysis and design, data entry and data verification, internet, e-mail, and website.
Department of National Accounts shall have functions and duties as follows:
- Estimate and analyze the macro-economic statistics under supervision of the National Institute of Statistics
- Report on the situation of national economy, evolution of economic sectors, inflation and other price indexes
- Compile, analyze and publish annually statistics of national accounts, institution accounts, flow of funds accounts, expenditure accounts, capital accounts, financial accounts, international trade accounts, supply and use tables, and input and output tables according to the United Nations System of National Accounts both at constant and current prices
- Compile, analyze and publish quarterly statistics of national accounts by production and expenditure approaches at constant and current prices
- Conduct surveys, compile, analyze and publish monthly and quarterly consumer price index, quarterly producer price index, quarterly industrial price index, quarterly export-import price index, quarterly agricultural price index, and other price indexes
- Collect and compile administrative data of ministries and institutions of the Royal Government in order to support the estimation of output by sectors and the national accounts by quarterly and annually
- Conduct surveys and compile some economic indicators to ensure the quality of Cambodia’s national accounts estimations
- Prepare and improve the methodologies of national accounts estimates and adopt fully implementation of the United Nations System of National Accounts
- Prepare and develop the manuals on system of national accounts and prices statistics.
Department of Statistical policies and statistical cooperation shall have functions and duties as follows:
- Prepare policies on strengthening the national statistical system and designated official statistics
- Prepare statistics legislation for strengthening the national statistical system and statistical cooperation
- Disseminate statistics legislation to ministries, institutions of the Royal Government, private entities and the public to understand the importance of statistics
- Find solution in case of violation of statistics legislation
- Cooperate bilaterally and multilaterally in region, in the world and coordinate works of international statistical researchers
- Collaborate with national, regional and international institutions in order to provide statistical data and statistical services
- Manage human resources and train statistical skills to staff within the National Institute of Statistics and staff within ministries and institutions of the Royal Government
- Review worked activities and make reports regularly on the implementation of statistical works within the National Institute of Statistics
- Manage administrative letters and documentation
- Prepare and manage the works of field interview and statistical data collection
- Manage the fixed assets and inventory within the National Institute of Statistics
- Prepare strategic plan of statistical activities in short, medium and long term
- Prepare budget for statistical activities annually and in short, medium and long term
- As a secretariat for the Statistics Coordination Committee.
Article 12 concerning the General Statistics Department of the Sub-Decree No. 55 ANK/BK dated 23 September 1997 on the Organization and Functioning of the Ministry of Planning and all existing provisions which are contrary to this Sub Decree shall be considered null and void.
Minister in charge of the Cabinet of the Council of Ministers, Minister of Economy and Finance, Minister of Planning, Secretary of State for State Secretariat of Public Function, Ministers and Secretaries of State of all concerned ministries and institutions shall implement this Sub Decree effectively from the date of signature herein.
Phnom Penh, 11 June 2009
Have submitted to Samdech
Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo HUN SEN for signature
Senior Minister, Minister of Planning
- Ministry of the Royal Palace
- Secretariat General of the Charter Council
- Secretariat General of the Senate
- Secretariat General of the National Assembly
- Secretariat General of the Royal Government
- Cabinet of Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei TechoPrime Minister
- Cabinet of Excellency and Louk Chumteav Deputies Prime Minister
- As Article 8